How to Buy Cheap Renters Insurance Online
Looking to buy cheap renters insurance online? Here’s how to do it the easy way and get the best rate possible.
Where can I buy cheap renters insurance online?
The best place to find cheap renters insurance online is at an insurance comparison website. These sites let you compare renters insurance quotes from a number of different companies so you can choose the cheapest rate.
The best insurance comparison websites have an Articles section where you can get money saving tips. They also feature a chat service so you can get answers to your renters insurance questions from an insurance expert, and make sure you’re getting the best rate possible. (See link below.)
How can I get the cheapest possible rate?
Here are seven tips that will help you get the cheapest renters insurance rate:
1. Consolidate Your Policies – By purchasing your renters insurance and your auto insurance through the same company you can save up to 15%.
2. Raise Your Deductible – Raising your deductible – the amount you pay toward a claim before your insurance company pays – can save you 15% to 40% on your insurance, depending on how high you raise it.
3. Install Safety and Security Devices – Insurance companies offer good-sized discounts for installing safety devices like smoke detectors and fire extinguishers, and for installing security devices like dead-bolt locks, window locks, and burglar alarms.
4. Quit Smoking – Because smoking accounts for more than 20,000 home fires every year, insurance companies will give you a discount on your renters insurance if you don’t smoke.
5. Maintain a Good Credit Rating – Many insurers now base your renters insurance premiums on your credit rating, so maintaining a good credit rating can significantly lower you renters insurance premium.
6. Get a Senior Discount – If you’re retired and 55 or older, most insurance companies will discount your renters insurance premium by up to 10%.
7. Ask About Other Discounts – Renters insurance companies give discounts for a number of reasons. Ask your insurer about the discounts they offer and get all the ones you’re eligible for.
Visit http://www.LowerRateQuotes.com/renters-insurance.html or click on the following link to get cheap renters insurance quotes online from top-rated companies and see how much you can save. You can get more insurance tips in their Articles section.
The author, Brian Stevens, is a former insurance agent and financial consultant who has written a number of articles on how to buy cheap renters insurance online.